Arcadia D3 UV Basking Lamp
High performance lamp providing UV-B, UV-A, visible light and heat from a single source. Designed as a basking lamp for larger vivaria in which the reptile has sufficient room to move into and out of the basking area to regulate its temperature
The Arcadia D3 UV Basking Lamp is an ideal all-in-one lamp for providing heat, light and UV, every technology however has limitations. At Arcadia reptile we are passionate about providing the very best of systems to our captive reptiles and believe that our customers should be given the full picture of how lamps work, it is for this reason that we always encourage the use of a linear UV lamp for effective UV provision. We would suggest that in vivs over 24” in length, a high output T5 lamp is used alongside these UV-rich basking spots. This then allows the animal to decide when and where to bask at a particular time. Many species of reptile and Amphibian require a warm spot under which they can bask and become fully energised with heat and Ultra Violet. As in nature, these basking zones should be UV rich and stable. We therefore produce this lamp in three sizes. 80 watt, 100watt and 160watt. The 80 Watt ‘Mini Mercury Vapour’ is a useful option for smaller vivaria. UVB and a balanced UVA similar to wild exposure at lower fitting heights and also produce a good amount of heat.
|D3 UV Mini Basking Lamp 80w||E27||4000K||96|
|D3 UV Basking Lamp 100w||E27||4000K||124|
|D3 UV Basking Lamp 160w||E27||4000K||198|
- Provides the essentials of heat, visible light and UV.
- UV light helps with the synthesis of Vitamin D3 – essential for calcium utilisation.
- Stimulates reproduction more easily.
- Provides UVB, UVA visible light & infrared heat from a single lamp.
- Features a 50 degree beam angle for wide basking area.
- Average life 6,000 hours.
- No external ballast required.
- 1 year guarantee.
- Includes detailed instructions sheet.
- Must be installed in a vertical position.
It is important to note that these lamps can not be used with a thermostat
This 2nd Generation bulb has been improved to provide UVB over a better range, working from a further distance now, with a better full spectrum light being produced.