Pre Alpin Testudo Fibre Tortoise Food
The diet of wild tortoises is always determined by the vegetation in their natural habitat. In their original environment the actual vegetation period is usually limited to a short time followed by dryness and heat from midsummer to fall. The crude fibre content of the plants is relatively low and the protein content quite high during springtime. During summer herbs and grasses will “age”. The crude fibre content therefore increases in midsummer while the protein content strongly decreases.
To meet the requirements of the organism the diet of pet tortoises should also be adjusted to the respective season.
The protein content of PRE ALPIN Testudo is extremely low. It contains selected grasses with a very low protein content and, at the same time, a very high crude fibre content. The reduced protein supply unburdens particularly liver and kidneys and promotes the detoxification of the body.
When fresh plant food is fed PRE ALPIN Testudo is an ideal supplement.
PRE ALPIN Testudo is particularly recommendable during the transitional time and especially before the beginning of the winter torpor.
PRE ALPIN Testudo for all (land living) tortoises…
- has an extremely low protein content and an extemely high crude fibre content
- promotes the detoxification of the body
- offers a diet adjusted to the natural habitat of Tortoises
- ensures an optimum crude fibre supply and thus a healthy intestinal flora
- contains no cereals or animal products
- offers an ideal calcium/phosphorus ratio
- may be freely offered at any time
- is free of flavouring and conservation substances
- is recommended by the Institute of Zoology in Munich
- ideal for unlimited forage feed
- can be fed dry or moistened with water
- suitable for transitional periods – simply scatter over current feed for a gentle transition
- serve fresh feed daily!
Single feed for tortoises, ingredients:
Meadow grasses and herbs, unpressed
|Crude protein||8.80 %||Water||9,20 %|
|Crude oils and fats||2.70 %||Calcium||0.61 %|
|Crude fibre||25.70 %||Phosphorus||0.27 %|
|Crude ash||8.00 %|
(These indications are average values – minor variances are possible in natural products)