Fittonia ‘Red Vein’ –
Introducing Fittonia – The Vibrant Botanical Addition for Reptile Enclosures!
Elevate your reptile’s habitat with the stunning Fittonia, a colourful and versatile plant that brings life and vibrancy to your reptile enclosure. Here’s why Fittonia is the perfect addition to your reptile’s home:
Reptile-Safe Beauty: Fittonia is carefully chosen for its safety, making it an ideal addition to your reptile habitat. This plant is non-toxic, ensuring a secure and visually appealing environment for your scaly companions.
A Splash of Colour: Fittonia is renowned for its striking and intricate leaf patterns, available in various vibrant colours, including shades of green, pink, and red. It adds a pop of colour to your reptile enclosure, transforming it into a captivating oasis.
Natural Habitat Enhancement: Mimicking your reptile’s natural environment is vital for their well-being, and Fittonia excels at this. It provides visual enrichment, replicating the lush ground cover found in reptile ecosystems.
Low Maintenance: We understand the importance of an easy-to-maintain habitat. Fittonia is a hardy and adaptable plant that requires minimal care. It’s perfect for reptile owners with busy schedules.
Health Benefits: Beyond its aesthetic appeal, Fittonia contributes to a healthier reptile environment. Through photosynthesis, it enhances air quality by producing oxygen and filtering out impurities, creating a more balanced and vibrant ecosystem.
Elevate your reptile’s quality of life while adding an enchanting touch to their enclosure with Fittonia. Create a harmonious and visually pleasing habitat that your reptile will thrive in.
Care Sheet: Fittonia for Reptile Enclosures
Fittonia, also known as the Nerve Plant, is a vibrant and safe choice for your reptile enclosure. To ensure both your reptile and the plant thrive, here’s a care sheet tailored for reptile enclosures:
- Fittonia prefers bright, indirect light and benefits from the addition of dedicated plant lighting. Avoid direct, intense sunlight.
Temperature and Humidity:
- Fittonia thrives in temperatures between 70°F and 85°F (21°C to 29°C).
- Fittonia benefits from good humidity levels
- Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Water when the top inch of soil feels slightly dry to the touch.
- Avoid overwatering, as this can lead to root rot.
Soil and Potting:
- A well draining mis, such as our Forest Substrate is ideal.
- Choose a pot size that fits your enclosure, allowing for growth without overcrowding.
Pruning and Maintenance:
- Trim back leggy growth to encourage bushier, more compact growth.
- Regularly inspect and remove yellowing or damaged leaves to maintain the plant’s overall health.
By following this care sheet, you can successfully incorporate Fittonia into your reptile enclosure, adding colour and life while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for both your reptile and your vibrant plant companion.
* These plants are generally renowned as safe to be eaten by reptiles, but please research to ensure they are suitable and safe for your specific species before use.